Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tanner's Spelling BEE


So we just got back from Tanner's school.  He represented his class in the school wide spelling bee.  (much to our surprise.. no offense Tanner)  It's just that the boy had a D in spelling first semester and with all that moving and baby and what not... I can't say that we've been the most supportive parents at home to improve that grade.

Well.... he turned that D into an A all on his own and won 2nd in his class in order to get into the school wide spelling bee... WOOO HOOOOOO!!!  We couldn't "bee" prouder.

In the end the poor boy got out on the word "knock".  He sat and thought about it for about a minute... the suspense was killing everyone... then he spelled it "nock".  He actually thought that both were words and told me later he was trying to decide which one to say.  He knew that it was spelled "knock" some times.

Surprisingly enough, the most interesting parts of the spelling bee had nothing to do with spelling.  Little mister casanova was winking at girls in the audience.  I was a bit shocked until he shot me a "hey there" wink.  I'm pretty sure that he thinks it's just saying hello in a "cool" way and that he has no idea he's making the little girls swoon.

mental note:  Have Ben talk to him and explain how his winking might be interpreted.... lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty
worth enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made
good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.



Here is my web blog diet plan