Monday, May 11, 2009

Wellness Challenge 2009!




Well, it's begun.  I'm starting a wellness challenge with some friends and here are the guidlines:

1 7 hours of sleep 
2
48 oz. water 
3
45 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive) 
4
2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit 
5
No soda, beer, wine, unhealthy snacks, or bad fast food [anything FRIED] 
6
No sweets [desserts, pastries and sugary snacks & cereals] * sugar-free alternatives are ok 
7
No eating after dinner/8pm 
8
15 minutes of scripture reading (or other spiritual text if you don't do scripture) 
9
One journal entry (any length) 
10
Express sincere appreciation or praise to your spouse (if single, to another person) 

Basically you get a point for each good habit you preform each day.  At the end of the challenge the three with the most points get to split the pot (you know... just some extra incentive to form those good habits).  I'm just excited about having a set list to accomplish... then, I'll have the sense of actually getting something done at the end of the day.

Well, now to take care of #9.  I expect that I'll be the avid blogger for the next few months as I do this... seeing how this really is my journal of sorts.  The kids and I had fun a week back when we broke out the sprinkler for the first time this season.  It was actually in the 80's those two fabulous days.  Of course it's been in the 60's since... but I'm not complaining.  I finally got my tomatoes, eggplants, butternut squash, and herbs in the ground this weekend.  Hopefully we're in the clear for frost in this neck of the woods... though I've heard rumors that they've gotten frosts as late as the end of May.

Well... WELCOME SUMMER  I say... 
I can't wait for more days like this!!



No comments: