Friday, March 6, 2009

Name sakes....

so... Ben and I are up tonight listening to music.. reminiscing about our teen years and such. Then I remember... hey, I'm named after a song!

Well... technically I was supposed to be Brandy not Randi.... but grandma thought that sounded way too much like alcohol. For years I've thought... well, that's kind of a stretch grandma... but oh well I like the name Randi better anyways.

lol... then I listen to the song... haha! hummmm are we surprised grandma made that connection? I mean she is a bar tending broad.

have a little listen to my name sake....



So Ben thinks... on this precedence that we really need to come up with something that has deep meaning... 

He's thinking Jeremiah


3 comments:

amberd. said...

That's pretty funny Randi! I didn't know you were supposed to be BRANDY!! lol! Hilarity! My Grandma wanted my Mom to name me Amy. But my Mom said no. So when I was born...my Grandma called me Ammie until she died. I was 4 I think.

Fun little tidbit about you! -So I'm not fully getting the Jeremiah thing. Are you suggesting this for the new baby? haha! You've totally lost me.

I love you. And I am loving the Yellow on your blog.

Marchant Mayhem said...

well... the Jeremiah thing is basically another name that's all about drinking... you know, Jeremiah sure does like his wine...

that's the connection... Ben was joking saying we should name our next child with something as meaningful as my name.. lol

and... since we're sooo convinced it's a boy... he says.. Jeremiah...

it won't really be that though... it would probably be Maxwell Neal Marchant... our little MNM... heeehee.. plus I've always thought it would be cool to have a little Max.

we'll see... April 3rd is the ultrasound. ;)

amberd. said...

THats awesome! I love M & M! lol! I can't wait to know! Can you please blog more. When I blog more I always think other people should blog more with me. (Its the saleswoman in me.)